Frequently Asked Question
1. Why did you develop AllerblingTM?
When our one-year son was diagnosed with a severe allergy to peanuts, among other food items, we searched for a product, which would help us highlight his food allergies to his caregivers. We wanted to keep him safe, when he was not in our care. We found nothing that he would wear. Read the whole story
2. How do I insert the allergy charms into the wristband?
It is easy! Simply stretch the wristband a little with one hand, and elongate a hole. Then squeeze the charm backing and insert it partially into the hole and pull the backing through the other side - a bit like threading a needle. DO NOT use a sharp object to elongate the hole. That's it. Continue until you have installed all of the charms your child needs.
3. How many allergy charms can the AllerblingTM wristband accommodate?
The wristband has five holes and can accommodate four allergy charms plus the recommended medic charm.
4. Is there latex in the wristbands or the charms?
No. The wristbands and charms are 100% silicone and latex-free.
5. My child needs six allergy charms, what should I do?
Please use the wristband with at least four of your child's allergies. AllerblingTM is a conversation starter and it will give your child more confidence to speak up about their food and other allergies to those adults who may be serving them food at school, on a playdate, at a sleepover or at camp.
6. My son is allergic only to peanuts, what should I do with all of the extra holes in the wristband?
Many parents will order several peanut food allergy charms (and tree nut charms to be safe) and place them in the otherwise unused holes in the AllerblingTM wristband, providing extra visibiity to the child's peanut allergy. The same can be done with any child's single food allergy.
7. If the wristbands included in the AllerblingTM kit do not fit my child, what should I do?
We also offers two additional wristband sizes - XS (132mm) and XL (180mm), mailed in individual packages. Please visit our online store to order.
8. My daughter is allergic to strawberries and sesame seeds?
Five new food allergy charms have been released, including: strawberries, sesame, corn, coconut and chocolate. Please visit our online store to order. AllerblingTM continues to develop its Customer Wish List of new food and non-food allergy charms - this helps our Product Development team when designing new charms. Please contact us if you have ideas for new charms or new products..
9. Why the red medic charm?
The AllerblingTM wristband is not a toy or kid jewelry. It is an important visual communication and awareness tool for your child. It can help your child to communicate important information about his or her food allergies, to day care providers, preschool and elementary school teachers, playdate moms, etc.
10. Can I get any other color wristband?
Orange is our color of choice because it represents caution and becomes a silent communicator of your child's food allergic conditions.
11. Can my child wear the AllerblingTM wristband, with the food allergy charms, swimming?
Yes! The wristband is so comfortable that you child will want to wear it 24/7. Our son wears his AllerblingTM swimming, to soccer, to Tae Kwon Do and to sleep.
12. Where can I purchase AllerblingTM?
Currently the AllerblingTM wristband and charms can be purchased online or directly from us through the mail, but we are working on several different online and retail outlets at the current time. Please check back.
13. My 18-month old was just diagnosed with peanut, milk, and soy allergies? Can he wear the AllerblingTM wristband?
AllerblingTM was designed for ages 3 and up. The medic and allergy charms included in the kit are a choking hazard. But please check back, as we are in the advanced stages of development of an important product for children under 3 years of age.
14. Can I purchase AllerblingTM at a wholesale price for my school or retail store?
Yes you can! Volume discounts are available for retail stores, schools, child care centers and doctor’s offices. Please contact us for more details.
15. If I am not completely satisfied can I return or exchange it?
It is very important to us that you are 100% satisfied with the items you have purchased. If you are not happy with your purchases, please return the items within 30 days of purchase. Please contact us for a shipping address if you wish to make a return.
16. Do you accept personal credit cards for payment?
Credit cards and e-checks are accepted via PayPal. We typically ship within 24 hours payment clearing PayPal. Contact us if you would like to arrange payment by check.
17. Are you a doctor's office, school, support group or other organization looking for brochures?
Contact us and mention how many you would like, what organization you represent, and where we can send them. We'll get them out to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your spreading the word about our product!